It was a rainy day and I decided to make some cookie bar. My mom said that I could make it by myself since I am such a good helper. My grandma was visiting us and she wanted to see me cook because she saw the recipes and stories in my blog. She loves chocolate too. My mom found me a super easy cocoa brownie recipe from ‘Good Housekeeping favorite Recipe Cookies!’ cookbook.; she also told me about Susan’s Bar None event – 67th edition of Sugar High Fridays.
You will need
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup cashews
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
2. In a bowl mix flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
3. Melt butter in a microwave in a medium bowl and add sugar. Stir in eggs and mix well. Also add vanilla.
4. Add the flour mixture from step 2 to the butter mixture.
5. stir in cashews.
6. Grease 9-inch square baking plan and spread the mixture evenly.
7. bake for 20-25 minutes. I asked my mom to put the pan in the oven and also to take it out.
8. Cool on a rack before cutting.
My grandma loved the brownies.